Picture your self here: Book in hand, light streaming in, a big comfy chair, fireplace roaring.
The new South Hero Public Library will be…
- The hours will be determined according to the needs and wants of its patrons.
- The Route 2 location is a short walk from the town center and in a small enclave of commercial entities.
- Volunteers will no longer need a background check to access the building.
- The building will conform to Americans with Disabilities Act specifications and be fully accessible to patrons using wheelchairs, walkers and strollers
- Volunteers will no longer be required to pass background checks.
- Ample parking, including spaces for the disabled, will be available in well-lit areas close to the building.
- The new library will have its own network with greatly enhanced computer and internet services, wi-fi access, videoconferencing capabilities and its own software programs.
- There will be opportunities for computer and internet skills training.
A gathering space for the entire community.
- The library will be a place for readers of all ages to meet in cozy, comfortable surroundings, with private spaces for those who require quiet and solitude, and community spaces for assembling and socializing.
- The talents of local artists will be exhibited in dedicated display areas.
- Programs to expand learning and knowledge in broad ranges of topics will be offered for students, entrepreneurs, and all who seek to engage in life- long learning.
- The convenient location exploits the natural beauty of the Islands and the library will boast beautiful views from inside and outside.